Nature Kids/ Jovenes de la Naturaleza builds Earth Stewardship by providing joyful, hands-on, place-based environmental education experiences that foster an emotional connection to nature.
Nature Kids (NKJN) is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects (CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR PARTNERSHIPS:
- Program Evaluation/ Research Design (MATCHED): NKJN would like to better understand the higher-level impacts of our full continuum of scaffolded pre-k to high school, backyard to backcountry, and family integrated programming on participants. We would like a researcher to identify gaps in analysis from our current data (Year 1 Report available), suggest new research to measure additional program impacts, and confirm and/or contribute to evidence-based research exploring the impacts of human-nature connection.
Current areas of interest to NKJN include, but are not limited to:
- Health and Wellness (Positive Youth Development, mental health,pro-social behavior)
- Student Outcomes (achievement,motivation/concentration, cognitive functioning, identity towards nature/science, career and leadership, etc.)
- Community Engagement (involvement with env-related civic processes, belonging, motivation to care for community spaces)
- Access(actual and perceived, including nature identity and cultural relevancy)