Realm of Caring Foundation empowers people to take control of their health and enhance their quality of life by providing cannabinoid research initiatives in addition to educational programs and services.
Realm of Caring is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Information Dissemination: The Creative Intern helps plan and complete projects to support fundraising, graphic design, marketing, social media, and website initiatives. Projects may involve any media (print, audio, web, video, etc). Under direction of various staff members, the Creative Intern must understand what is needed, produce quality deliverables, and accept comments to reach a final design. This position reports to the Outreach Director.
- Grant Writing: The Grant Writing Intern seeks out and applies for grants pertaining to Realm of Caring’s mission. The intern will learn about key business operations, cannabis science, broad healthcare issues, and essential funding sources for non-profits. The Grant Writing Intern reports to the Operations Director.
- Information Dissemination: The Social Media Intern crafts and executes engaging campaigns and posts to effectively communicate Realm of Caring’s mission with the world. The intern completes their responsibilities with direction and cooperation from other team members, while also monitoring relevant statistics: reach, followers, etc. This position reports to the Outreach Director.
- Information Dissemination (MATCHED): The Realm of Caring is reorganizing and rethinking their current website. A Web Strategy Intern would contribute to website design and functionality. In collaboration with other team members, the intern defines and implements upgrades and modifications to the website front end, back-end, and underlying framework while prioritizing a friendly user experience. This position reports to the Technology and Data Director.
- Research Design (MATCHED): Data Analyst and/or Psychometrician Intern would work under the guidance of our Research Coordinator and Technology Director, contributing to one or more of the five ongoing collaborative initiatives with Johns Hopkins, Thomas Jefferson University, Colorado State University, Harvard University, UPENN, and Palo Alto Veterans Affairs. They would be assisting in our recruitment and potentially analyzing existing data sets. We currently use several validated measures in an active and ongoing Observational Research Registry, but there is an opportunity for a psychometrician intern to work with our research team on some current measurements, especially around cannabinoid therapy and health outcomes.
- Internship: The Business Intern position is an opportunity to gain real-world experience while being a productive member of a non-profit. Interns will learn about key operations with approved quality product companies that pass a rigorous quality checklist, cannabis science, and broad healthcare issues. They will gain understanding of the functions, goals, and workings of the nonprofit sector. The Business Intern reports to the Operations Director.