The Denver Chapter of Trout Unlimited’s mission is restoring the Denver South Platte as a unique urban fishery, educating local organizations, outreach for disadvantaged youth, creating fish habitat.
The Denver Chapter of Trout Unlimited is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following project:
- Information Dissemination: Rework an older website into something with a more modern, responsive design that better aligns with mobile use. The website should include integration with fundraising, events, and the organization’s other social media sites, which include Instagram and Facebook.
Horizon Housing Inc.’s mission is to provide home purchasers with financial assistance and guidance opportunities to assist with Home purchases.
Horizon Housing is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Research Design, Program Evaluation: To prevent Real Estate Valuation Collapse, (Foreclosures) we need to be able to find a solution for housing for our service industry (folks making $10 – $30 per hour). To meet these needs, we want to build 4-plex housing in Denver. Under FHA guidelines 4-plex housing allows for less expensive homes to be built for the public, to protect pricing we place a deed restriction on each property built to limit the value increase to 1% per year. This will stabilize home prices allowing for regular hard working folks to realize the dream of homeownership. Deed restriction is the key to housing for all. We would like to collaborate with DU partners from diverse fields to engage in this project with us (e.g. research affordability and access, track project outcomes, evaluate our homebuying programs, etc.).
- Research Design, Program Evaluation: We are also working with U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to develop an affordable housing project in Denver that will include creation of a homeless center (incl. placement counseling). We would like to collaborate with DU partners to support this project and are open to any department who expresses interest (e.g. Construction Management, ADA studies, Journalism, Health and Welfare studies, etc.).
GroovyTek takes a personalized approach anchored in respect and patience to help folks become confident navigating personal technology independently and on their own terms.
GroovyTek is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Program Evaluation: We would like to evaluate our consulting model and workshops for efficacy and reach with our clients.
- Curriculum Development/Internship: We would like to explore the potential of developing a mentorship program between college-aged students and older generations who need help using personal technology.
- Creative Works: We would like to partner with DU Faculty/Student teams who see a need for our services either internally or externally with community groups you engage with.
Colorado Young Leaders works to develop young people’s leadership skills through our dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.