The mission of the Colorado Young Leaders is to develop young people’s leadership skills through their dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.
Colorado Young Leaders is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following project:
- Program Evaluation/ Data Analysis: We are currently finalizing our logic model and evaluation rubric. We would like feedback and guidance on implementing the evaluation framework and would like assistance in analyzing some of the baseline data.
Women’s Bean Project is a non-profit organization that changes women’s lives by providing stepping stones to self-sufficiency through social enterprise.
Women’s Bean Project (WBP) is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Information Dissemination: We would like help updating our strategic communications by creating personalized value propositions applicable to today’s hiring landscape for current and future community partners and potential employees. We’d like to update our collateral (e.g. flyers, website, social media, etc.) to reflect these identified value propositions for each audience.
- Program Evaluation: We want help measuring the efficacy of programs offered at WBP. We have quantitative evaluation data that we need help synthesizing from some of our programs. Are the learning objectives being met? What is the value? How can we measure all program impacts from our diverse partners? What’s working and what needs to change?
- Research Design / Data Collection: We would like someone to continue the work of a previous consultant who focused on answering the following research question: What is keeping women who hear the WBP presentation from applying, or who are asked to interview from showing up on the first day?
- One recommendation includes hosting a design thinking-inspired workshop with WBP participants to gather information about word of mouth referrals, ideas for info sharing, potential incentives, and the competitive advantage (i.e. “magic”) of the organization in comparison to other comparable community organizations. More information provided upon request.
- Internship: Help us create a new process flow as we redesign a more expedited program process for hiring at WBP. We would like help working with our partners to prepare and plan for this change as well. Our goal is to make sure our new hires are able to take full advantage of our partner’s available programs (Dress for Success, Financial Literacy, free Eye Exams) without having to wait months to a year for the next program session.
The mission of the Empowerment Program is to provide education, employment assistance, health, housing referrals, and support services for women who are in disadvantaged positions due to incarceration, poverty, homelessness, HIV/AIDS infection, and/or involvement in the criminal justice system.
Empowerment Program is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Research Design/ Data Collection/ Data Analysis: Our research embraces new thinking about the capacity for violence and is dedicated to the prevention of bullying, violence and trauma. We have developed a theory on the Prevention of Violence and Trauma and a screening instrument to increase awareness of an individual’s capacity for violence. We need help distributing the instrument, regression analysis other statistical activities.
The main mission of Tinsae is to organize and support single moms living in the State of Colorado so that they can become self-sufficient. The organization provides counseling services and supports single moms to overcome crisis and become successful in their future life with their children.
Tinsae is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Grant Writing (MATCHED): We would like a student to assist us with grant writing to support our Educational Program. Through various classes, this program aims to teach and encourage the single moms to overcome crisis following the divorce/family loss and help them to become successful in their future life with their children. The intern will work directly with the Executive Director.
- Internship: The intern will assist us with our fundraising efforts for our Educational Program. Through various classes, this program aims to teach and encourage the single moms to overcome crisis following the divorce/family loss and help them to become successful in their future life with their children. The intern will work directly with the Executive Director to develop a fundraising strategy for the organization, identify potential donors, plan fundraising events, etc.
- Information Dissemination: We are looking for a self-motivated communications intern to manage the organization’s internal and external communications. This includes updating and maintaining Tinsae’s social media presence, creating and managing an online blog, designing event flyers, updating the Tinsae website, etc.
- Internship: The Nonprofit Management Intern will directly support the Executive Director (ED) with administrative and operational tasks in support of Tinsae’s mission. The intern will manage the ED’s schedule and appointments, plan and execute events, provide general support to visitors, collaborate with ED and Board Members on new ideas for the organization’s direction.
Colorado Young Leaders works to develop young people’s leadership skills through our dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.
Project Helping strives to improve mental wellness through kyndfulness which includes volunteering, intentional acts of kindness, and gratitude.
Project Helping is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following project:
- Research Design/Program Evaluation: Develop a research study of our members measuring the health and wellness benefits of practicing gratitude and kyndfulness. We would like to develop a scalable way to measure the impacts of wellbeing that explore correlations with healthcare spending, productivity, employee turnover, retention and recruitment etc.
Women of Denver‘s mission is to connect and inspire 100,000 women through their educational events and progressive thought-leadership, so they can acquire the knowledge and confidence to earn their worth.
Women Of Denver is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects (CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR PARTNERSHIPS):
- Research Design/ Data Collection: We’re partnering with the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame for a spring research project to gauge Colorado women’s confidence when it comes to their career and financial picture. We would compare the data on a generational level to consider if confidence varies by generation.
- Questions in the survey would include things such as: Have you in the past 5 years asked for a raise at work? Do you feel you’re earning what you’re worth? Are you comfortable discussing your achievements with leaders and peers? Do you feel you are worthy of a higher level career or job? Do you regularly speak up in meetings?