Westwood Unidos‘ mission is “To unify and organize resident leaders and community-based organizations to take positive action on the topics residents identify as most important.”
Westwood Unidos is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Data Analysis: We are in need of research support to clean and analyze available data from the Sheriff’s Department to determine the number of evictions occurring in a particular zip code (80219) where our organization is based. Work on this project can begin in Fall 2019.
- Internship: We would like technical support creating and customizing a new database using Salesforce to help us manage our organizing work.
- Information Dissemination: We would like help creating a brochure to promote and share information about our organization with the public.
Mirror Image Arts uses theatre as language to inspire dialogue, encourage awareness and promote action in order to build a strong, compassionate and empowered community.
Mirror Image Arts is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following project:
- Creative Work: We are actively seeking diverse artists who share identities and lived experiences with the youth our program serves. We are always looking for Teaching Artists to be a part of our Finding Your Voice program that runs in and out of school time across Denver. Teaching Artists join facilitators in our spaces and take on the role of a character that engages in co-creative activities with the youth. It culminates in a 15 min performance that is about four middle schoolers dealing with bullying, mean moments, conflict, and joking that has gone too far. After the performance Teaching Artists lead small group mind mapping activities and then engage in Forum.
Challenge Denver provides middle and high school students with social emotional programming designed to create healthy school environments where students feel understood, accepted, and connected.
Challenge Denver is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects (CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR PARTNERSHIPS):
- Program Evaluation: Design an evaluation for partner schools (that is not burdensome) to better understand program impacts, gaps, and opportunities.
- Program Evaluation: Support program documentation using creative methods (e.g. film, art), with a focus on youth participant experiences and perspectives.
- Curriculum Development: Collaborate on developing trainings materials and resources to strengthen volunteer orientation and preparation for Challenge Day.
- Curriculum Development: Partner on the development and/or implementation of pilot programming (e.g. student leadership club) that helps deepen and sustain the impact of Challenge Day