Westwood Unidos‘ mission is “To unify and organize resident leaders and community-based organizations to take positive action on the topics residents identify as most important.”
Westwood Unidos is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Data Analysis: We are in need of research support to clean and analyze available data from the Sheriff’s Department to determine the number of evictions occurring in a particular zip code (80219) where our organization is based. Work on this project can begin in Fall 2019.
- Internship: We would like technical support creating and customizing a new database using Salesforce to help us manage our organizing work.
- Information Dissemination: We would like help creating a brochure to promote and share information about our organization with the public.
The mission of Girls Inc. is to inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. The vision of Girls Inc. of Metro Denver (GIMD) is a world in which every girl values her whole self, discovers her inner strengths, and achieves her goals.
GIMD is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects :
- Research Design: We are open to discussing and developing a research project with faculty and students provided alignment of interests is mutually beneficial.
- Program Evaluation: Faculty/student researcher would work closely with the Director of Training, Evaluation, and Advocacy to assess:
- Is our method of staff/volunteer training successful? What are our gaps and opportunities for improvement?
- What are the impacts of our engagement with the community? How can we better partner with the community to share our programs and support theirs?
- Evaluation of middle school tutoring program
- Curriculum Development: We are beginning to launch a more formalized advocacy program (advocating for the issues relevant to our girls on multiple levels) and would like help in understanding how to approach this.
- Internship: We are looking for students who would like to serve as dedicated mentors to the girls in our after school programs (AY 2019 – 2020) and summer programs (2020).
The Soccer Without Border’s Mission is to use soccer as a vehicle for positive change, providing under-served youth with a toolkit to overcome obstacles to growth, inclusion, and personal success.
SWB is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Curriculum Development: SWB currently has a curriculum for socioemotional learning and development. They would like to adapt their curriculum (perhaps through developing focused skill modules) to apply to their league competitions.
- Internship: SWB would like support delivering their trauma-informed education and academic support program in Aurora.
- Curriculum Development: SWB is interested in developing a Leadership Program for new high school youth soccer camp counselors and would like support creating a more robust training/curriculum for these youth.
The mission of the Colorado Young Leaders is to develop young people’s leadership skills through their dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.
Colorado Young Leaders is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following project:
- Program Evaluation/ Data Analysis: We are currently finalizing our logic model and evaluation rubric. We would like feedback and guidance on implementing the evaluation framework and would like assistance in analyzing some of the baseline data.
Women’s Bean Project is a non-profit organization that changes women’s lives by providing stepping stones to self-sufficiency through social enterprise.
Women’s Bean Project (WBP) is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Information Dissemination: We would like help updating our strategic communications by creating personalized value propositions applicable to today’s hiring landscape for current and future community partners and potential employees. We’d like to update our collateral (e.g. flyers, website, social media, etc.) to reflect these identified value propositions for each audience.
- Program Evaluation: We want help measuring the efficacy of programs offered at WBP. We have quantitative evaluation data that we need help synthesizing from some of our programs. Are the learning objectives being met? What is the value? How can we measure all program impacts from our diverse partners? What’s working and what needs to change?
- Research Design / Data Collection: We would like someone to continue the work of a previous consultant who focused on answering the following research question: What is keeping women who hear the WBP presentation from applying, or who are asked to interview from showing up on the first day?
- One recommendation includes hosting a design thinking-inspired workshop with WBP participants to gather information about word of mouth referrals, ideas for info sharing, potential incentives, and the competitive advantage (i.e. “magic”) of the organization in comparison to other comparable community organizations. More information provided upon request.
- Internship: Help us create a new process flow as we redesign a more expedited program process for hiring at WBP. We would like help working with our partners to prepare and plan for this change as well. Our goal is to make sure our new hires are able to take full advantage of our partner’s available programs (Dress for Success, Financial Literacy, free Eye Exams) without having to wait months to a year for the next program session.
Colorado Young Leaders works to develop young people’s leadership skills through our dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.
Women of Denver‘s mission is to connect and inspire 100,000 women through their educational events and progressive thought-leadership, so they can acquire the knowledge and confidence to earn their worth.
Women Of Denver is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects (CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR PARTNERSHIPS):
- Research Design/ Data Collection: We’re partnering with the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame for a spring research project to gauge Colorado women’s confidence when it comes to their career and financial picture. We would compare the data on a generational level to consider if confidence varies by generation.
- Questions in the survey would include things such as: Have you in the past 5 years asked for a raise at work? Do you feel you’re earning what you’re worth? Are you comfortable discussing your achievements with leaders and peers? Do you feel you are worthy of a higher level career or job? Do you regularly speak up in meetings?