Westwood Unidos‘ mission is “To unify and organize resident leaders and community-based organizations to take positive action on the topics residents identify as most important.”
Westwood Unidos is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Data Analysis: We are in need of research support to clean and analyze available data from the Sheriff’s Department to determine the number of evictions occurring in a particular zip code (80219) where our organization is based. Work on this project can begin in Fall 2019.
- Internship: We would like technical support creating and customizing a new database using Salesforce to help us manage our organizing work.
- Information Dissemination: We would like help creating a brochure to promote and share information about our organization with the public.
The mission of Girls Inc. is to inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. The vision of Girls Inc. of Metro Denver (GIMD) is a world in which every girl values her whole self, discovers her inner strengths, and achieves her goals.
GIMD is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects :
- Research Design: We are open to discussing and developing a research project with faculty and students provided alignment of interests is mutually beneficial.
- Program Evaluation: Faculty/student researcher would work closely with the Director of Training, Evaluation, and Advocacy to assess:
- Is our method of staff/volunteer training successful? What are our gaps and opportunities for improvement?
- What are the impacts of our engagement with the community? How can we better partner with the community to share our programs and support theirs?
- Evaluation of middle school tutoring program
- Curriculum Development: We are beginning to launch a more formalized advocacy program (advocating for the issues relevant to our girls on multiple levels) and would like help in understanding how to approach this.
- Internship: We are looking for students who would like to serve as dedicated mentors to the girls in our after school programs (AY 2019 – 2020) and summer programs (2020).
The Soccer Without Border’s Mission is to use soccer as a vehicle for positive change, providing under-served youth with a toolkit to overcome obstacles to growth, inclusion, and personal success.
SWB is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Curriculum Development: SWB currently has a curriculum for socioemotional learning and development. They would like to adapt their curriculum (perhaps through developing focused skill modules) to apply to their league competitions.
- Internship: SWB would like support delivering their trauma-informed education and academic support program in Aurora.
- Curriculum Development: SWB is interested in developing a Leadership Program for new high school youth soccer camp counselors and would like support creating a more robust training/curriculum for these youth.
The mission of the Colorado Young Leaders is to develop young people’s leadership skills through their dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.
Colorado Young Leaders is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following project:
- Program Evaluation/ Data Analysis: We are currently finalizing our logic model and evaluation rubric. We would like feedback and guidance on implementing the evaluation framework and would like assistance in analyzing some of the baseline data.
Women’s Bean Project is a non-profit organization that changes women’s lives by providing stepping stones to self-sufficiency through social enterprise.
Women’s Bean project is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Information Dissemination: We would like help developing a strategic communications plan to help us effectively communicate our value proposition. The questions we need help answering are: What is our value added? Why do women choose WBP over other similar job options? What is (or isn’t) communicated to them in the process?
- Program Evaluation: Design a robust measuring system of the efficacy of our recruiting efforts, including key touch points throughout the recruiting process. Our goal is to increase our applicant pool by 30-50% and women to identify as “good fits” for the Women’s Bean.
- Key questions include:
- Where (or who) are our top 3 referral sources? “Best” is defined as referrals that result in program participants (and ultimately graduates).
- How do we improve our recruiting efforts?
- Do we need to change our program design to support our “best referral sources?” (i.e. move to month-to-month hiring vs. cohort model)
Colorado Young Leaders works to develop young people’s leadership skills through our dynamic leadership process; to inspire a sense of adventure through meaningful service-learning opportunities in the local community; and to create community for young people to live out their discovered skills and passions.
Women of Denver‘s mission is to connect and inspire 100,000 women through their educational events and progressive thought-leadership, so they can acquire the knowledge and confidence to earn their worth.
Women Of Denver is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects (CURRENTLY ON HOLD FOR PARTNERSHIPS):
- Research Design/ Data Collection: We’re partnering with the Colorado Women’s Hall of Fame for a spring research project to gauge Colorado women’s confidence when it comes to their career and financial picture. We would compare the data on a generational level to consider if confidence varies by generation.
- Questions in the survey would include things such as: Have you in the past 5 years asked for a raise at work? Do you feel you’re earning what you’re worth? Are you comfortable discussing your achievements with leaders and peers? Do you feel you are worthy of a higher level career or job? Do you regularly speak up in meetings?