The mission of the Empowerment Program is to provide education, employment assistance, health, housing referrals, and support services for women who are in disadvantaged positions due to incarceration, poverty, homelessness, HIV/AIDS infection, and/or involvement in the criminal justice system.
Empowerment Program is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Research Design/ Data Collection/ Data Analysis: Our research embraces new thinking about the capacity for violence and is dedicated to the prevention of bullying, violence and trauma. We have developed a theory on the Prevention of Violence and Trauma and a screening instrument to increase awareness of an individual’s capacity for violence. We need help distributing the instrument, regression analysis other statistical activities.
The main mission of Tinsae is to organize and support single moms living in the State of Colorado so that they can become self-sufficient. The organization provides counseling services and supports single moms to overcome crisis and become successful in their future life with their children.
Tinsae is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Grant Writing (MATCHED): We would like a student to assist us with grant writing to support our Educational Program. Through various classes, this program aims to teach and encourage the single moms to overcome crisis following the divorce/family loss and help them to become successful in their future life with their children. The intern will work directly with the Executive Director.
- Internship: The intern will assist us with our fundraising efforts for our Educational Program. Through various classes, this program aims to teach and encourage the single moms to overcome crisis following the divorce/family loss and help them to become successful in their future life with their children. The intern will work directly with the Executive Director to develop a fundraising strategy for the organization, identify potential donors, plan fundraising events, etc.
- Information Dissemination: We are looking for a self-motivated communications intern to manage the organization’s internal and external communications. This includes updating and maintaining Tinsae’s social media presence, creating and managing an online blog, designing event flyers, updating the Tinsae website, etc.
- Internship: The Nonprofit Management Intern will directly support the Executive Director (ED) with administrative and operational tasks in support of Tinsae’s mission. The intern will manage the ED’s schedule and appointments, plan and execute events, provide general support to visitors, collaborate with ED and Board Members on new ideas for the organization’s direction.
My Quiet Cave works to create a space for mental health and faith by providing workshops for faith leaders and facilitating in-person and online groups for those affected by mental disorder.
My Quiet Cave is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Program Evaluation: Would like to better assess the impacts of our 9-week Overcome facilitated group sessions on participants and facilitators (currently have a post-assessment and are interested in Qualitative evaluation methods).
- Information Dissemination (MATCHED): Interested in learning how we can improve our outreach to faith-based leaders to engage in mental health education workshops and individuals with mental health issues to engage in Overcome groups.