Women’s Bean Project is a non-profit organization that changes women’s lives by providing stepping stones to self-sufficiency through social enterprise.
Women’s Bean Project (WBP) is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects:
- Information Dissemination: We would like help updating our strategic communications by creating personalized value propositions applicable to today’s hiring landscape for current and future community partners and potential employees. We’d like to update our collateral (e.g. flyers, website, social media, etc.) to reflect these identified value propositions for each audience.
- Program Evaluation: We want help measuring the efficacy of programs offered at WBP. We have quantitative evaluation data that we need help synthesizing from some of our programs. Are the learning objectives being met? What is the value? How can we measure all program impacts from our diverse partners? What’s working and what needs to change?
- Research Design / Data Collection: We would like someone to continue the work of a previous consultant who focused on answering the following research question: What is keeping women who hear the WBP presentation from applying, or who are asked to interview from showing up on the first day?
- One recommendation includes hosting a design thinking-inspired workshop with WBP participants to gather information about word of mouth referrals, ideas for info sharing, potential incentives, and the competitive advantage (i.e. “magic”) of the organization in comparison to other comparable community organizations. More information provided upon request.
- Internship: Help us create a new process flow as we redesign a more expedited program process for hiring at WBP. We would like help working with our partners to prepare and plan for this change as well. Our goal is to make sure our new hires are able to take full advantage of our partner’s available programs (Dress for Success, Financial Literacy, free Eye Exams) without having to wait months to a year for the next program session.