The mission of Girls Inc. is to inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold. The vision of Girls Inc. of Metro Denver (GIMD) is a world in which every girl values her whole self, discovers her inner strengths, and achieves her goals.
GIMD is looking to connect with DU faculty and students on the following projects :
- Research Design: We are open to discussing and developing a research project with faculty and students provided alignment of interests is mutually beneficial.
- Program Evaluation (MATCHED): Faculty/student researcher would work closely with the Director of Training, Evaluation, and Advocacy to assess:
- Is our method of staff/volunteer training successful? What are our gaps and opportunities for improvement?
- What are the impacts of our engagement with the community? How can we better partner with the community to share our programs and support theirs?
- Evaluation of middle school tutoring program
- Curriculum Development: We are beginning to launch a more formalized advocacy program (advocating for the issues relevant to our girls on multiple levels) and would like help in understanding how to approach this.
- Internship: We are looking for students who would like to serve as dedicated mentors to the girls in our after school programs (AY 2019 – 2020) and summer programs (2020).